We thought it would be helpful to layout some of the common guidelines and best practices to get the most out of your Remote Desktop Hosting Plan. Here are some brief guidelines about our shared RDP hosting plans and how best to secure your data. If you are on a dedicated server, you do not have to worry about any of these guidelines.
- FILE SECURITY: Remember that you are on a shared server with other users. Do not create folders or save files to the C:\ Drive yourself since other users may be able to access these files. Save everything to your Desktop or My Documents folder – these areas are completely secure and invisible to other users. We do our best to monitor this but are not responsible for any data that you have saved to the C:\ Drive without consulting us or having us setup a secure folder.
- FILE BACKUP: Backup of individual files, folders and databases on your remote desktop are NOT INCLUDED.Before making substantial changes to your Access Database, we recommend copy/pasting it down to your local computer so that you can restore your database if anything goes wrong. We also offer automated daily file backup and retention solutions for $20 per month. Unless you have purchased a backup plan, We are NOT responsible for your individual files and folders.
- PASSWORD SECURITY: You are responsible for your password and should not share it with anyone. If you share your password with our technical support team, you should change it after they have resolved the issue. If at any time you feel that your account or password has been compromised, you should login to your Remote Desktop and change it by pressing <CONTROL><ALT><END> to bring up a menu that allows for changing the password.
- SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Our low cost RDP hosting is built as an out of the box solution and does not permit the installation of any additional software, controls, etc for security reasons. The environment prevents the installation of software for your protection. If you need to run executables and install additional software, please contact us about a dedicated server environment.
- TERMS OF SERVICE: Anyone found violating our terms of service will have their remote desktop deactivated immediately and without notice. This is especially true for anyone found installing Spyware, Malware, Bots, Spam Software, Phishing Software or any other unlicensed and unauthorized programs.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team: http://support.accesshosting.com