Running your Access application on the Kindle Fire can be accomplished in just a few simple steps.
Here’s what to do:
1. Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop APK and move it over to the Kindle Fire via USB or emailing it to yourself. Note that this is a zip file and you will need to unzip it before moving it over.
2. Change your default Android Kindle settings to allow This is known as “sideloading” your application into Android. You may need to setup the Kindle to accept unknown applicaitons first by doing this:
Click your settings tab
Navigate to Applications
and allow applications to be installed from unknown sources (set to On)
3. Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop application to your Kindle. You can do this by navigating to your Downloads folder (if you emailed it to yourself) or the folder that you placed it in via your USB connection. We’ve found the free ES File Explorer app to be incredible helpful way to browse your Kindle’s Harddrive.
3. Pin the newly installed Microsoft Remote Desktop application to your home screen
4. Configure the Remote Desktop Connection. If you are using our Remote Desktop Hosting Service this information will be provided via email.
5. Connect the Remote Desktop and run your Access application. Our Remote Desktop Hosting Service is available for Access 2007/2010/2013 and the Access 2010/2013 Runtime
This new version of the Remote Desktop client supports all of the Kindle gestures and features easy to navigate keyboard and mouse touch screen equivalents. Your users will find that the Access .mdb and .accdb applications they know and love work just fine on the Android Kindle Fire Tablet.